CBD Gummies for Sleep
When’s the last time you had a good night’s sleep? If you're searching "cbd gummies for sleep," you might be having trouble sleeping. You need to re-energize overnight to be ready for the next day’s challenges. However, if you’re having trouble sleeping, bumps on the road towards your long-term goals may arise. So, why not consider some all-natural sleep aids? Easy-to-take organic full spectrum CBD gummies can support a healthy sleep cycle.
America’s Sleep Patterns Disrupted
Adults worldwide have grown more aware of how important quality sleep is to live life to the fullest. However, we still see an increase in sleep problems and disorders. It’s alarming since sleep, alongside a healthy diet and regular exercise, is essential in keeping a healthy life.1 It’s time to be more intentional about sleep. A dreadful night shouldn’t be treated just like a bump in the road. It’s a pressing issue.
Before we discuss CBD gummies for sleep, here are interesting numbers about sleep problems:
- According to a study, since the pandemic began, 2 out of 3 Americans are sleeping less than they used to.2
- Lack of sleep has been linked to 7 of the 15 causes of death in the United States, including cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, cerebrovascular diseases, diabetes, and many more.3
- Sleep deprivation also might affect your career and other life aspects. Sleep deprivation may cause fatigue, which then leads to poor performance in the workplace (and even job loss).4
- 8.2% of adults confessed to taking prescription sleep medications at least four times a week. Though it has helped them get enough sleep, the majority experienced side effects like grogginess, oversleeping, and fatigue.5
What are CBD for gummies for sleep?
Not everyone is a fan of sleeping pills. Prescription sleep medications may be habit-forming and may produce side effects. And sometimes, unfortunately, sleeping pills may not even work. That's why so many people are looking for natural alternatives to sleeping pills. That could be why CBD has become so popular with Americans of every generation.
Here’s what you need to know about these increasingly popular cannabinoids.
- For more than a millennium, the Cannabis sativa plant has been a popular natural medicine.6 However, in the Unites States, cannabis is considered an illegal drug by the Department of Justice and not a drug by the Food and Drug Administration.
- What is CBD? CBD has been gaining the spotlight in recent years, ever since the 2008 Farm bill, which legalized it.7CBD is the main cannabinoid that has many potential health benefits. CBD has become so popular because many people claim that it helps support their healthy sleep cycles.
- What is THC? THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, is a cannabinoid that has psychoactive properties and causes the “high” feeling peope get when they indulge in marijuana. Because of this, THC is the most common, most researched, and most highly regulated cannabinoid for many decades now.8 As of May 2022, the federal government has narrowly legalized THC, as long as it is derived from hemp with not more than 0.3 percent by dry weight.
- What is the entourage effect? There has been research done into the apparent synergy among CBD, THC, and other cannabinoids. When cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids are present with a substantial amount of CBD in CBD gummies, the effectiveness of the CBD could be significantly increased. This is called the entourage effect.
- Full-spectrum CBD gummies and other full-spectrum CBD products are the only option if you want to experience the entourage effect. Cornbread Hemp gummies are full spectrum and contain CBD, THC, and other cannabinoids.
How To Take CBD Gummies for Sleep
CBD has the potential to help you have a sound sleep every single night. Now, it’s time to know how to get the most out of each CBD gummy.
- The bioavailability when ingesting CBD gummies for sleep problems. As much as possible, you want enough CBD to reach the bloodstream quickly for you to experience its potential health benefits. Inhaling CBD through smoking or vaping has the highest bioavailability. However, vape pens and e-cigarettes pose some serious health risks.9The best way for the newcomers to the CBD world is to take CBD gummies for sleep hygiene support, instead. The path through the digestive system may take a longer time, but it’s much safer.10
- CBD dosage and safety. Unlike sleep aids like melatonin, CBD doesn’t have that lingering groggy feeling the day after. It’s very easy to fit into your routine. No residual effects to hinder your daytime tasks.
- The correct and safe dose of CBD. Cornbread Hemp offers full-spectrum CBD gummies in two different strengths: 10mg and 50mg. This is to cater to two groups in the spectrum, first-timers and experienced users.
- CBD Overdose and Toxicity. CBD is well tolerated with a good profile, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).11 If you’ve had adverse effects from taking CBD gummies or other CBD products, it may be a result of an unwarranted drug interaction. Before taking it with any prescription sleep medications or other supplements, it’s best to ask a health practitioner.
When to take CBD gummies for sleep
It’s not just the right amount of CBD gummies with THC that matter if you want to hit the right spot—you must also know when to take them. Here are some tips on when to take your CBD gummies:
- Take your ever-first CBD gummy at night. For first-time users, it’s best to exercise caution with your first CBD gummy. We suggest you take them during nighttime to be prepared if any minor side effects, like sleepiness, may appear.
- High-fat foods and CBD gummies go together. The best time to take gummies to potentially help you sleep is right after a fatty meal or snack. High-fat foods increase CBD absorption.12
- Set yourself up to sleep. With the help of CBD nighttime gummies, getting a good night’s sleep might not be the most daunting task anymore. But many factors affect our sleep. We suggest you remove sleep distractions, no gadgets an hour before sleeping, and avoid caffeine and alcohol hours before bedtime. You must focus on relaxing when it’s time to sleep. Lastly, be consistent with your bedtime and the time at which you take your gummies.
Best CBD gummies for sleep quality: Will it work for me?
Insufficient sleep is a common health problem these days, and more and more people are experiencing it. Good thing CBD gummies are becoming so popular. The Cornbread Hemp Flower-Only™ Full-Spectrum CBD gummies may be perfect for first-timers and experienced CBD users alike, as they are full-spectrum, third-party lab-tested, and USDA certified organic. If you are interested in something other or more than just CBD gummies check out our CBD Sleep Bundle!
About the Author
Dr. Leslie Mudd, PharmD
A board certified oncology pharmacist with 25 years experience at the James Graham Brown Cancer Center in Louisville, Kentucky, Dr. Leslie Mudd now serves as the Cornbread Hemp resident pharmacist and medical expert. Read Dr. Mudd's full author bio here.
Leave a comment